Tuesday, October 6, 2009

first attempt

We have began to start designing our final project for the semester. All previous assignment so far have only been conceptual project to help us understand and provide an underlying aspects of influence towards our final design. Today we presented our first three schemes, considering a number of aspects. Including our previous mapping assignment, our project manifesto, The Library as Shadow," and the position of the site of our (other) library.

For the first scheme, it had to be purely formal based off one of the three maps that we made previous. I used my first map to form my first scheme. I took the strips of the area that I was representing as Mexico city and began to manipulate then as spaces and forms that could possible exist.









For the second scheme, we had to use our concept which we had represented in the first two maps we produce, to develop a design off of. My concept for the previous project was mapping the relationship of the limanality that exist between the irrationality of Mexico City and the rationality that is UNAM campus.









Here is the first map that I have been referring to for my schemes


The last scheme was a free choice. I tried to represent, was a exploration of shadow. I was still in the process of trying to figure out how my project manifesto would integrate its way into the project, although not my most successful, it was an attempt.


Here are some sketches and process work from my sketchbook.













We are leaving to go to Mexico City today to visit our site!! I am really existed to go, it should be an amazing trip. While there I am going to be exploring the highlighted area for my library location and conducting site analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment